Chinese stir fry! Chicken with zucchini and onions in chinese gravy!
I wanted to do something different in a stir fry and use it with chinese gravy. This dish ended up to be amazing and so tasty!! The chicken was very tender and flavorful, and the gravy complemented and finished the dish with a great delicious taste!
This dish was very easy to make, with ingredients you can find in your house.
Recipe: Chinese stir fried chicken with zucchini and onions in chinese gravy
- 1 chicken breast, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced, then halved
For gravy thickener:
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
and 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Chop up chicken breast, set aside
- Chop up onion and zucchini, set aside
- Prepare gravy thickener by mixing both ingredients, set aside
- Heat up wok or large pan, add oil. When oil wok are hot, add in chicken, stir fry until mostly cooked, then remove chicken and set aside, but leave oil in wok.
- Add zucchini and onion and stir fry in the left over oil in the wok.
- When vegetables are half way cooked, add 1 cup of water, and cover for 3-4 minutes.
- When water is boiling, add in oyster sauce and soy sauce and stir.
- After stirring thoroughly add in gravy thickener and continue to stir until sauce is thickened.
Serve over rice or egg noodles and enjoy!!
(no need to add salt, there is plenty of salt in the soy sauce!)