Shrimp and broccoli alfredo!
I made a chicken and broccoli alfredo last week, and wanted to switch it up with shrimp! Tastes just as delicious! The creamy alfredo is amazing! So easy and simple to make!
- Saute 1/2 lb shrimp in medium pan with olive oil or butter until pink and cooked through, don’t over cook.
- Steam or boil broccoli until tender.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Cook alfredo sauce (recipe here) or:
Recipe: Creamy homemade alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- black pepper
To thicken the sauce just a little to make it creamy:
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp water
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through.
- ***When you add the cream, WHISK the entire time!! Or else there will be lumps in your sauce, and then you’ll have lumpy alfredo! (You don’t want that!)
- Continue to whisk until the parmesan cheese is melted.
- **If your sauce is a little thin and runny, go ahead and make the thickener (add cornstarch to small dish, add water, mix until cornstarch is complete dissolved) and add it this to your sauce pan, whisking continuously.
- Add in broccoli and shrimp to the cream sauce, mix well.
- Then add the cooked pasta to cream sauce in pan, and mix well, allowing the creamy alfredo sauce to blend in with the noodles, broccoli and chicken. Yum.
- Add pepper and parsley and serve.