Dinner: Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry with Rice
Simple, easy, and delicious dinner! The chicken is very tender and the entire dish is flavorful with few ingredients. You can pair this dish with rice or pasta! You can add other ingredients as well like onions, other veggies, etc! A new fave on my menu to cook at home!
The rice and chicken and broccoli are cooked at the same time.
(This photo was taken with my iphone, bad quality image, sorry!!!)
(But DELICIOUS dinner!!!)
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into individual florets
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup rice
- 3-5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp onion powder
- Cook rice as directed.
- Cut chicken breast into pieces.
- Cut broccoli into pieces.
- Cook broccoli as you want. I boiled it for 2-5 minutes and drained it, and set it aside before cooking.
- After cutting chicken breast, add corn starch and mix well in a bowl. Let sit for 10-20 min before cooking.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to saute pan. Add chicken, season with salt/pepper, 1 tsp of garlic and onion powder, and cook thoroughly.
- Add broccoli and add the rest of the garlic and onion powder, and olive oil. Stir well.
- Once rice and chicken/broccoli are done, serve and enjoy!